Antioxidants are great brain food, which can help give you a boost when you’re feeling droopy and unfocused. Seriously, who can write with a case of the frazzles? Fruits and veggies that are rich in color like grapes, plums, red cabbage, pomegranates, berries, apples, citrus fruits, acai, broccoli, eggplant, kale, guava, tomatoes and sweet potatoes are known to have antioxidants, which benefit you in so many ways, including stabilizing free radicals and making your heart healthier.
Since pomegranates and blueberries are the perfect Jedi knights to bring balance to the force, what better way to get your fill than by combining all that healthy awesomeness in a delicious smoothie?
You can use any berries, but I prefer blueberries. And using frozen berries gives the smoothie a nice frothy texture. If you don’t have frozen fruit, add a few ice cubes to the mix.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 oz. Lite or regular blueberry yogurt
- 4 oz. Pomegranate juice (real juice not a cheap coctail blend)
- 1/2 medium banana. (I like it golden yellow and freckly, especially in a smoothie. If it’s got a hint of green, the smoothie can taste too waxy.)
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Honey to taste, about 1-2 tbsps
Combine ingredients in a blender or smoothie mixer, blend on medium until you reach desired consistency. Pour into a tall glass, and there you go. Enjoy!